One quote in particular from the Lee & Allen reading stuck out to me:
"Another important aspect of edublogs is the asking of questions by peers, self, and the teacher. The research associated with cognitive information processing has thoroughly demonstrated that asking and answering questions about information to be learned can greatly improve comprehension." (Lee & Allen, 391)
I guess I'm a 3-year-old at heart, but I find myself questioning things, probably to a fault. Blogs with reflective and thoughtful followers can certainly teach peers, self & teachers much. I'd venture to say we'll have a vast amount of information collectively in our blogs by the semester's end. But I'm also willing to bet I'll fall into Vang & Fang's study that read, "And yet, only two fifths (40.0%) of the respondents indicated that they found no time to read everyone’s posting." (7) Not enough hours in the day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You have used my favorite diagram to illustrate assessments! Teacher centered, learner centered, and assessment centered....kudos!!!
ReplyDeleteShelley
I agree: so many blogs, so little time.
ReplyDeleteI've always had a place in my heart/concern for the students like yours who struggle to see the value of learning, for whatever reason, and don't see the long-term results. You have your work cut out for you.
Andrea