Okay, since this is my space to put my thoughts - here goes: I am STILL scratching my head with concept maps. I understand cluster maps, I understand flow charts. I understand mapping out learning objectives and understanding...BUT I am still not 100% certain I understand them as we're supposed to as they pertain to this course. The reading links for concept maps were extremely difficult to track. Many of them seemed like problem-solution scenarios but I didn't see anything that looked like something that was created with INSPIRATION or BUBBL.US...I'm wondering if the links I clicked on were incorrect. So, here's what I felt like:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8647879253211409572&ei=jDPRStuSMI-MqALD99nGBA&q=scratching+my+head&hl=en
On an unrelated note I'm feeling my suspicions -- it's really difficult to keep up with other students posts unless I'm intentionally following their blogs. Okay, typing this convinces me -- I'm going to spend the next 15 minutes looking at others' blogs to see if I'm on the right track...Guess that would be helpful to do, too, since I can't see anyone's concept maps they've saved in the course discussion section, anyway.
Okay, I just visited about 8 of my classmates blogs & here's what I'm seeing (in a random list):
-some fantastic-looking blogs (really liked how Jennie created a reflection spot for all 8 mods in one spot, clever)
-some bare-bones...3 of the ones I visited had only week 1's reflections - I think this instruction was unclear to more than just me
-Perfect-storm posts: people got more out of that article than me...I'm on information overload & wasn't able to process the different tools present. (Better bookmark that article for later).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Matt, I really enjoyed reading your reflection notes particularly because of your honesty and because I can relate to your frustration as well.
ReplyDeleteI got dinged a couple of points in the first two modules due to "not posting two days to at least two other student's posts" when I feel like all I've been doing is logging in, reading, replying and posting. Ugghhh!
Your blog is great, keep up the honest reflection and I have learned to do so from you and sometime let me know where the 9/15/06 photo was taken. It's awesome.
Jennie