
Applying Bloom's Taxonomy to the Casey report was the largest component for this week's learning. I was introduced to Bloom's chart when I was an undergrad & 10 years later it's still around. I think application of higher level thinking projects has merit beyond a simple assignment or quick dismissal -- The taxonomy should be on the forefront of our minds in all assessment and learning activities. In fact, I do use it when I'm creating our choice boards for senior English; it certainly does make it easier to service different levels of learners. I've included the e-article of Bloom's supplied by Laurie:
http://techlearning.com/article/8670
Lower Order Thinking Skills (LOTS)
•Remembering - Recognising, listing, describing, identifying, retrieving, naming,
locating, finding
•Understanding - Interpreting, Summarising, inferring, paraphrasing, classifying,
comparing, explaining, exemplifying
•Applying - Implementing, carrying out, using, executing
•Analysing - Comparing, organising, deconstructing, Attributing, outlining, finding,
structuring, integrating
•Evaluating - Checking, hypothesising, critiquing, Experimenting, judging, testing,
Detecting, Monitoring
•Creating - designing, constructing, planning, producing, inventing, devising, making
Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS)

No comments:
Post a Comment